Okay so if you haven’t figured out by now. I like to do things the easy route and its pretty safe to say I like sweet potatoes.
Remixed Shepherd’s Pie
This is regular shepherd’s pie which my husband loves. I just like to switch things up and got tired of the ordinary thing so decided to try sweet potatoes instead.
This recipe calls for
- 1 bag of frozen veggies (corn, green peas, carots)
- 1ib or ground chicken or turket
- 1tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of seasalt
- 2-3 medium sized sweet potatoes chunked, boiled then mashed
- Seasoning salt to taste
First, boil the sweet potatoes, then lightly boil the frozen veggies and cook the chop meat and add seasoning. Mash the sweet potatoes with as much butter as you like. After mashing sweet potatoes, layer the veggies, then the meat and repeat and top off with the mashed sweet potatoes. Cover the pan with foil and bake at 365 for about 30-40 minutes.
- Try doing it in a cupcake sheet. I havent done so yet but plan on it.
- You can do canned veggies instead of frozen or fresh veggies if you like.
- Also you can add creamed corn- I’m not sure how I feel about creamed corn that’s why I don’t add it but many people do